Sunday, October 5, 2008

I love Addie


I put Addie to bed tonight and we had the best time ever. She asked me about all of my favorite things. I asked her about hers. Among many other things, she said that she loves "aminals," and that she missed Porkchop the goat. I told her that someday when we have a bigger yard, Porkchop could come live with us again along with a cat or a dog. She said,"or a giraffe."
Then somehow the conversation drifted to the 'just say no' talk. I covered smoking, drinking, drugs and sex. She then asked about earrings and if she should get her ears pierced. I told her that someday it will be her choice but that I would hate to see her in pain just to look pretty.
She told me that she never wanted to grow up and that she wanted to stay with me forever. I told her that no matter how old she became that she would always be my baby and that I will always love her.
Our conversation was the best we've had in months. She ate it up and I could tell she was starved for it. We talked until she finally rolled over and started softly snoring. I wanted to wake her back up and just talk all night. I love little Addie. I hate that too often I am running all over stressed or trying to get Clare to sleep and then miss out on this awesome little spirit. I am fairly tired right now, so that is probably why I am bawling but man, I am so lucky to be the mom of these sweet girls and I am sad that tonight ended.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love moments like these with our children. That is really cool. It is hard to find that one on one time with an infant around.