Thursday, September 4, 2008

Anniversary VI--More where that came from and why that is


So, on many the occasion I have felt to write about Paul. I think it is extremely cheesy to write about this tonight, but opportunity knocked. Deal with it! It is our anniversary, Paul put Addie to bed so that we could partaaay down and is consequently sawing logs in the our room with Addie snuggled up to him. Yes it is somewhat of a bumber that he is passed out but we had the best night. Nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing extravagant. We just talked and ate, and walked and then ate again(dessert). I had a blast. I married my very best friend. Not to say that there haven't been many low points and frustration/non-bliss and that there won't be many more such moments,days,and/or months. Regardless of that, I adore my husband. Paul is a fantastic person and here is why:

He is genuine.
He is super smart.
He puts a ton of thought into pretty much everything.
He loves people.
When he shaves, he does it in segments, with several days between each section. I will document this when he gets back from Alaska. I hate it and love it. I love that it is not permanent. I hate his creepy mustache.
He actively tries to become better and is appropriately humble about most of his strengths.
He makes me smile or laugh even when I want to physically harm him.
He listens to me, but will not indulge me(that sometimes is not a plus for him).
He calms the crazy in me.
He is aware when I am hormonal and instead of avoiding me, he hugs me or whatever it is that I really need at the moment
He brings a room to life almost as soon as he enters it.
He loves to spend time with our girls
He is not obsessed with sports. In fact, he doesn't really even like sports.
He forgives me quickly
He loves music and tells me about his recently discovered awesome song as soon as he hears it.
He looks up fun things to do with the girls and sends me links to that during the day.
He helped to build the playhouse even though it was my project and he didn't want to.
He says really surprisingly sweet things and then I realize he is reciting a song that fits the occasion. That one actually kind of ticks me off at times, but it really is pretty endearing.
He is patient with the girls and me.
He sings his heart out.
He dances with Addie and Clare at night.
He researches things to make to make all aspects of life better.
He really works hard to be close to my family members.
His heart is good.
He loves to eat/is not picky.
He loves trying new things (ie food, activities).
He mows the lawn.
He will take Clare in the middle of the night if I ask him too.
He makes me feel like I am the coolest girl ever.

Honestly, I really look up to him, not like a subservient wife, but like a friend who you really admire and want to be like. I love him and I love being around him.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You guys are so cute!!! I hope that it was a really good anniversary.

alexa newton said...

You know what I love about what you said Jen, was how honest it was. You said what was in your heart and didn't just sugar coat everything about your relationship. I think that kind of candor is refreshing.