Thursday, September 18, 2008

A FAMILY REUNITED

This afternoon the girls and I had our first meeting together with Zach. This was a meeting that allowed Zach to admit his mistakes and challenges to the girls and for them to ask any questions or express their feelings about what has gone on in our family.

As you can imagine it was a very emotional moment, but a highlight of the past year. everyone was nervous as you'd expect. The kids hadn't seen or spoken to each other in over a year. But over all it went very well. There were some very tender moments that our family will cherish forever and at the end we were all smiling and laughing.

I am so thankful for the courage that children demonstrate in the face of adversity. Our children amaze me very day, and their love and compassion for each other far exceeded my expectations today.

I love our kids, and each day my respect for them as individuals grows. My heart is full!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so glad that it was a good experience. I hope that there are many more to come. You guys have definitely earned it!!