Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Rise and Fall of Pork Chop the Goat


Paul and I agree on most things. Unfortunately pets are not one of those things. Also the HOA said it was great to have the little guy if the city was okay with it. So, knowing that this may be a short lived experience I set out to get us a pygmy goat while Paul was in Alaska. I promptly built the below goat house and drilled my hand in the process(minimal damage)to try to soften the goat sitch' for Paul. I was pleasantly surprised with Paul's reaction to Pork Chop and started to love Pork Chop all the more,knowing that the city most likely hates goats and happiness.
 
Posted by Picasa


Addie, her buddies and cousins all have had a blast playing with him and he really is the ultimate pet. He is quiet, friendly, his poop is mini and hides in the grass. He is well mannered and seriously good for our soil.

So yesterday it was brought to my attention that yes, the city of Twin Falls does indeed hate happiness. I think in one of my future posts I will document how ugly and nasty most of this town is. And question some of the lame policies enforced and the truly necessary ones that are not enforced. I really am very sad. Regardless, our little buddy must find a new home. They don't know it yet but it will probably be my parents. They have a huge yard. And he can play with my parents dog.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

alexa newton said...

Pork Chop has been great and we are sad to see him go. All the kids including the neighborhood ones have had a blast.

I think one of the best things about pets is how the animal no matter what it is, can lift ones spirit and bring so much happiness. I know that may sound corny and lame to those none animal lovers out there, but I've seen the theraputic affect animals can have firsthand. I for one, am VERY sad to see him go. On the bright side if CP does go to Mom and Dad's we'll still get to see him and have him part of our lives. In the words of Bailey, "Good-bye my fellow friend"